23 June 2007

Adjusting

...yeah, it's been a while. I'm not gonna apologize, cause it's my blog and I can post as often (or not often) as I like, but here I am again. Life's been a bit weird lately, what with school and piano and youth and quizzing all ending, and summer starting, and us renovating the main floor of our house and my dad switching jobs and...yeah. Costa Rica's coming up alarmingly fast, and I'm simultaneously insanely excited and a little disbelieving that this is actually happening to me. I mean, last time I was out of the country was Montana, when I was five. So the idea's sort of hard to adjust to.

I've had way more time for reading lately, though, so I'm on the sixth Wheel of Time book. The romantic pairings are starting to make me roll my eyes. Rand (main-est main character) has, no joke, three girls after him - Elayne, Daughter-Heir of Andor; Min, who's normal except she sees auras around people that foretell their destinies; and Aviendha, who's still in denial that she loves Rand at all. Lan/Nynaeve is ridiculous lately, some SERIOUS misinterpretation going on there - it's actually a lot like Merrin/Kendath (go here if you don't know what I'm referring to, though really, the story doesn't get good until about page 41 or so) who may or may not have a K word in their immediate future before LDM leaves second week of July. I mean, granted, Merrin and Kendath are only 19 and 26 whereas Lan is 50 to Nynaeve's 25, but they're remarkably similar other than that. Also, we've determined that Beauty and the Beast is a lot like Merrin/Kendath. But I'm rambling. Back to WoT. Oh, and Galad and Gawyn both love Egwene. Rand also seems to have lost every moral inclination he ever had. Perrin hasn't, though, and is (gasp) actually MARRIED! To Faile! Fun stuff.

I'm also rereading Mara, Daughter of the Nile, and remembering how much I like it. First romance book I ever enjoyed. Also, I was recognizing in some surprise that Sheftu is quite a bit like Phantom Grey. Sheftu has a rather more dangerous air about him, admittedly, but they're both leaders of a rebellion and everything. It's cool.

So yeah...my life's slowed down a lot. I do have pictures of our renovations, though.

The kitchen table's in the living room currently. Notice how we've lost the wall in between the kitchen and living room. Better picture of that. We've also lost the wall by the back door and the wall by the front door, and are considering also losing the bit of wall left between the front door and the kitchen. From the other direction. This week my dad's putting in laminate flooring, which looks like hardwood but isn't. So that's cool.

~Sil

"Thanks, but I prefer to eat my own cucumbers."

2 comments:

adifferentfeeling said...

cool having your table in the living room, then it's hard to live in that room, but you can have fun in the other room and make it's own living room. See you on Saturday

Erin said...

Haha now I actually somewhat understand that second paragraph...

"She took handfuls of his hair. He lowered his mouth to hers. At first it was just a brotherly kiss..."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!1