09 March 2007

Political awesomeness and TRAILER NEWS!

Seeing Stephen Harper was pretty amazing last night. Unfortunately all I got to do was see him, various efforts to shake his hand notwithstanding, which was sort of disappointing.

I lie. It was really disappointing. Especially listening to my sister in the van on the way home rave about how he asked what her name was and stuff. I mean, not that that's not cool, but - ! Sort of being consumed with jealousy over here...

Anyway, besides that, it was awesome. Rona Ambrose (MP for Edmonton - Spruce Grove and the former Environment Minister) introduced Laurie Hawn (MP for Edmonton Centre) who introduced the PM, who delivered a speech whose only bad point was that it was too short. Just before this my little brother got his hand shaken, but I think this was overshadowed by the fact that he lost his toonie at the same time. I forget who concluded the event but I think it was James Rajotte (MP for Edmonton Southwest)? Maybe? I know it wasn't Rahim Jaffer (MP for Edmonton - Strathcona) because Rahim Jaffer is WAY cooler than pretty much any of the others. Besides Mike, who is indubitably the coolest of them all.

And all in all, it resulted in a resolution by me that I don't care HOW big the crowds are, next time I'm going to get to shake his hand. So there.

Quiz meet starts today. The major quiz review that needed to happen this week frankly didn't, but I'm hoping I'll do okay anyway. I anticipate lots of errors but I can live with those.

Now. Everybody take a deep breath. The At World's End trailer will be here in -



TEN DAYS! I think I'm going to die. It's going to premiere with Dancing With the Stars, which I shall have to watch that night if only to see it, and I'm INSANELY excited.

~Sil

Joke of the day, meant to be used when the Liberals are in power: The Prime Minister gets up in the morning and the sun says to him, "Mr Prime Minister, you're the best Prime Minister ever, we love you." He goes to bed in the evening and the sun says, "Mr Prime Minister, you're the worst Prime Minister ever, we hate you." So he asks, "This morning you told me I was the best and now you're telling me I'm the worst. What gives?"

And the sun says, "Well, this morning I was the East, and now I'm the West."

No comments: