13 March 2007

Better than yesterday?

Shall my blog critiquers judge this post better than yesterday's? Hmmm? They'll have to read it first!

Corner Gas finale last night, and we all totally thought Lacey was moving and Brent had sold the gas station and then....Hank woke up and discovered a bunch of people staring at him and wondering why instead of thinking about his idea he'd been staring off into space humming a Blue Rodeo song. It was pretty funny. And the PM was in there, which I and my dad appreciated. He was elaborating on how prairie dogs and gophers didn't receive the respect they deserved under the previous Liberal government. I like Corner Gas...I think it was the episode where Wanda considered writing the Extended Extended Edition of LotR that got me hooked. If you mention LotR, I will be your fan forever.

And after that was 24, in which there was more Denethor (squee!) and Jack didn't quite get liberated from the Russian Consulate. But it's a work in progress. And they're blaming Assad for the attempted assassination of President Palmer! The best character practically ON that show, and they not only kill him off but make him out to be a plotting terrorist. Hmph. Charles Logan's ex-wife also attempted to stab him with a fruit-cutting knife, but at least CTU got permission from the Russian government to move in on the Consulate. She was supposed to phone the President's wife and convince her to convince her husband to convince Markov to let Jack go, but the Russians ended up supporting the US anyway.

Six days until the trailer, seventy-two days until AWE, and I have pictures. Get ready.
  • Will, Elizabeth and Barbossa

  • Jack and Barbossa

  • Will held prisoner

  • A bunch of Singaporeans dressed in not much

  • Sao Feng

  • Pirate Queen Elizabeth

  • Jack and Cotton (and the parrot)

  • Interesting mid-slap shot of Jack and strumpets

  • Bootstrap and Elizabeth

  • Various crew members (and the monkey!)

  • I have pictures GALORE. None indicate a particular leaning W/E or J/E, though I suppose one could operate on the saying 'no news is good news'. My favorite is the first one, Will looks very nice even though Elizabeth's hat is...odd.

    Ninety-five days until school's over, and sixty-one more days of school.

    ~Sil

    "'Quote to self'. As opposed to 'note to self'."

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    If it makes you happy, I am completely and totally satisfied with today's post. :)

    That's really how Corner Gas ends? Lol...we saw the commercial for the season finale and thought it was really lame that they gave away the plot of the whole episode in the commercial - and it turns out they didn't. :D

    I watched a little bit of 24 last night, so I got to see Denethor as Russian consulate. Very cool.

    And the pictures are awesome. I like the Jack and Barbossa one, their expressions are priceless.

    Calminaiel said...

    Hm...yes, I approve as well. =)

    Hah, I finally get the W/E, J/E thing...go me...

    Sigh...gotta dash...things to do...