30 November 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Okay, I'm aware that was sort of cheesy. Oh well. It did snow again last night, a couple of inches, which looks like it makes our snowfall total about three feet, but that's probably only because everybody's piled the snow off their driveways and sidewalks onto their lawns. I'm a horrible judge of depth, but looking out the window it appears as though the back yard has at least a foot all over it, if not more.

Anyway, the Eragon movie (December 15) has now been rated by the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America), at PG. I have to say, I had kind of expected a PG-13, especially from Americans - if it's PG there, it might almost get a G here. Canadian ratings seem to be consistantly lower than American ones. This movie seems to be on a downward spiral...one would hope it's not a complete flop in the theatres. Personally, I think a lot of critics are going to call it a cross between Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - and for anyone who's read the books,
  • here (Star Wars)
  • and
  • here (Lord of the Rings)
  • are a couple of comparisons. Basically, in my mind Christopher Paolini (the author) used the basic plot of Star Wars and the basic setting and some names from Lord of the Rings. I mean, ERAGON? I ask you! Even looking at the title the most clueless moviegoer must think, "Hang on, haven't I heard that name before? That Aragorn guy in those rings movies?"
    And yet...for all my griping...I know exactly how many days until it comes out. Sixteen.

    But the day is progressing alarmingly fast and I have some serious quizzing that needs to happen, so leaving now...

    ~Sil

    No comments: