13 November 2006

Monday again

For lack of any other title, this post is...monday again. Mondays are always slightly depressing. I'm not really in the mood for a long post right nowm either.

Sooo....on Friday there was youth, which was "So You Want To Be On A Gameshow?" and it was quite fun - we all had alternate names (things like "Plays in Traffic" "Blonde Bob" "Shane O'Mac Daddy" "Bacon Bit" and "Pirate of the Rings" [me]) and played three rounds of game show - one was a play on "The Price is Right", the next one was a play on "Who wants to be a Millionaire" and the third one was sort of a mix of different things. We were on teams, boys against girls, and the girls won. Like they usually do. So then we had a draw at the end and I won this huge slab of Lindt chocolate, probably about a foot long. It's yummy. I think I have about half of it left.

Saturday we helped my aunt move into her apartment, which is a really nice one. I envy her, getting to arrange all her own furniture and decide how to organize her stuff. It was a bit annoying because the elevator was at one end of the building and the apartment was at the other, so there was a lot of carrying that had to happen.

And Sunday was quiz practice, which went well, particularly because I knew the chapter well this week, and we were there early and got mini pizzas. Haha! We did it! I felt very smug. At the beginning of the service there was a presentatino honoring all the Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan between 2002 and 2006. There were 42. One of them was named William Turner, which I got excited about for a minute. Lots of them were really young (well, in the grand scheme of things), which is sad.

And that brings us to today, and I hope nothing's happening of importance cause I want to stay home.

~Sil

No comments: