22 November 2006

Missions trip

Last night at Bible study was really interesting, we talked about the missions trip this summer to Costa Rica. It sounds intriguing, I might like to go. Also, the price is going to be around $1200, but the church pays a third and the missions team pays a third and then you're responsible personally for the last third. I think I could get $400 between now and July, easy. The trip is July 8-16, give or take a day on either end for flights. According to Joanna it's about twelve hours of travel, but five hours of that (when she went) was sitting in an airport in Texas waiting for the connecting flight. I've never been on a plane, so that would be interesting. What else...oh yeah, I would have to get a passport, which I think is about another $100, and you have to be fifteen as of the dates of the trip, which is good, because I'm fifteen now. So lots of youth weren't eligible, and Loree was disappointed - she'll turn fifteen two months after the trip, and she wanted to go. Anyway, I was pretty interested.

Yesterday as a day kinda gave me a headache, though...I'm not naming names, but if a couple of my siblings could have made SLIGHTLY more of an effort to get along with each other it would have made my day a lot easier. ("Make him stop eating carrots like that, it's so annoying!" type-thing). I got supper on the table all right, but it's slightly nerve-racking when you're trying to get chicken out of the oven, clean up a whole bottle of ketchup that dropped on the floor and kind of exploded, and your quiz coach phones right in the middle of it. Boy.

Quizzing's going okay, though, I think I'm going to be at least semi-ready by Friday.

~Sil

No comments: