14 November 2006

Last night was weird...

I had this really odd dream last night...actually, I had two of them. The first one was this weird dream where my mom and dad were both like ten years old and they and their parents were going on a plane somewhere, and my dad discovers this weird plan to do something or other with weird mutated animals. Very...weird. I woke up after that with a bleeding nose (SIGH) which I guess is going to be a theme this winter, again. Phooey. I got some on my pillowcase, which was annoying because it's only a year old and it's lovely and green and leafy but I think I got it in cold water soon enough to get the stain out, and at least it's my green one and not my grey one, because that would have shown up a lot more. But I really hate waking up at 6 in the morning and getting all woken up and then having to clean off the spots I got blood on before going back to bed. Ick. But I did it, and went back to sleep and had another weird dream, about how my grandparents had a summer camp at their house and I didn't know, and one of the counselours asked how old I was and I said "grade ten" and she said I looked way too old and maybe I would be able to fix it with makeup. Riiiiight then. So anyway, we had Christmas dinner at their house only they weren't there, and nobody would talk to me and I spilled gravy on this white shirt I was wearing. So, not a very fun dream. I did wake up kinda relieved that someone hadn't actually said I was 'way too old'.

We watched Corner Gas last night! It always makes Mondays better when we catch Corner Gas. This episode was about how the gas station was somehow not inside the town boundary line so Wanda goes into this whole thing about how Brent has to pay her way more, and every time he sees her she goes 'by the way...' and tell him he has to pay for new speakers in her car or something. So then this guy walks into the gas station and complains about how expensive the washer fluid is, because Brent had cheap red stuff but nobody would buy it, and they get talking, and it goes like this:

[Talking about paying people]
Brent: Well, I dunno, the gal who works for me just tells me what to pay her every now and then.
Guy: Tell me, did that last sentence sound stupid to you?
Brent: Yeah, just a little.

So that was funny. And Karin and Davis had this whole practical joke thing going that wasn't AS funny, but still funny. I always discover how the plot of that show has three or four different things going on at once, it's cool.

Uncle Darcy came to visit yesterday! (I do believe you read this, U.D...so hi) And we did stuff on the piano and talked about how some movie soundtracks don't translate well to piano, and then watched some of the old Shaggy Dog movie. The beginning was good but the end got sort of dark. By the way, to answer your question, orchestra bells look like this:



The ones I play in band are on a stand, a lot like a keyboard. You play them with mallets.

~Sil

No comments: