06 November 2006

Blah

Mondays are always sort of 'blah' but today I actually feel kinda under the weather. Not anything serious, but I don't really want to do much more than lay on my bed reading or something. Which is good, because the majority of my schoolwork (minus piano) doesn't require much more than that. I don't really want to make my bed, either, but I'll end up doing that sooner or later if I want to lay on it all day.
I had the weirdest dream last night! It as about how my ring (The One Ring) came off and fell down the heat register and all the stuff it did, and when I woke up I was CONVINCED that my ring was gone forever because it wasn't on my finger. Also, for some reason, I was under the impression that there were a couple people in my room having a discussion until I looked around and there wasn't anyone. Dreams are weird. Anyway, I discovered my ring on the bathroom counter this morning. I must have taken it off last night to wash my face. Also, incidentally, I had a killer of a stomachache for about half an hour (it was 2:30 am, I know, I looked at the clock) eeeeearly in the morning, which was quite annoying, but I did eventually get back to sleep. Hence the reason I didn't get up until shortly after 9:30 this morning. Oops.

But on another note, I have discovered the many things I can do with my hair when it's straight. LIke pigtails, for example, which I can't do when it's curly because they look like little curly balls stuck to back on my head. I should really straighten it myself more often so I can do it properly, I like it so much.

Quiz practice on sunday was good, despite our head coach being out of town. She usually totally orchestrates the practice so we're a little lost when she's not here. Div A practice went quite well, I think my jumping is definetely improving. I jumped on an Interrogative question that was "It is necessary to what?" only I jumped right on "It is n -" and I still got it right, which made me pretty happy. I am really looking forward to the quiz meet...but don't I always?
After quiz practice I was helping in Soul School, which is the sunday school for kids ages kindergarten to grade two. They're always pretty funny in that class, so me and Matt (who was also helping) had a pretty good time.
And after that...I hung around talking for a leeeetle bit too long, it seems, because Dad went home in the van and Mom took the three younger kids in the car and me and my brother discovered we'd been abandoned. But it was okay, because we got a ride with my friend's mom.

And...I'm reading the Silmarillion for the first time in a while and actually understanding it. It's amazing. I just finished "Of the Silmarils" and now I'm on "The Darkening of Valinor". I've discovered that Elves are not perfect, as Lord of the Rings leads you to believe, because boy, Feanor is (to use an extremely modern term that doesn't really work for the type of medieval-mythology-style the Sil is written in - but oh well) a bit of an idiot. I'm still finding it a bit hard to understand, because there's only a map of Beleriand in the Sil and it's hard to know when they're talking about a place in Valinor and when they're talking about a place in Middle-Earth (because none of the Middle-Earth places have the same names, this is thousands of years before LOtR.)

~Sil

No comments: