27 November 2006

Quiz meet

Well, I erred out. For the first time ever at a quiz meet. I guess it was due to happen sometime...especially in division A...but I still kinda wish it hadn't happened on my last quiz of the day in front of probably one hundred to two hundred quizzers/coaches/people watching. As my mom put it, though, most of the people in the audience probably went, "Ouch, I know how that feels" so I guess it wasn't so bad. I was pretty devastated at the time, though. Our team didn't win anything, but my brother was, I believe, third top rookie and second top B quizzer. So that was good. And Josh and Emily got some pretty serious awards as well. Congrats, guys. The meet was at Fort Saskatchewan Alliance, which means that all the quiz rooms were in portables and there was much running back and forth, which gets annoying. The next one is at Taylor University College in Edmonton, which will be better. I'm also going to know my stuff better for that one, and I really want to quiz out in A so I can be a bona fide A quizzer. I mean, I am already, but I would still like to quiz out.

Anyway, I didn't go to youth sunday school before church because I was pretty exhausted, but I did go to the service. Yesterday evening we went and made an advent wreath at the church for our family, and if they had let me do the flocking...well...I won't go there. There would be fewer clumps of dried white stuff on the wreath, I guess is what I'm trying to say. I keep having a strong urge to insert a happy smiley here but it's not going to happen - it's NOT.

Today I had to get up at seven in the FREEZING COLD to go babysitting, and when I got there nobody was awake to let me in, so I walked back home in the freezing cold to wait until they phoned, which they did. But it was rather annoying, because I wasn't early or anything. Oh well. I'm hoping to get my school done today before lunch so that I can watch Star Wars Episode IV.

~Sil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There weren't one to two hundred people in the sanctuary. More like fifty, if that makes you feel better.

Melda said...

Yes, there were - I was up on the stage, remember, and there were DEFINETELY more than fifty, if not two hundred.