16 November 2006

Why can I never come up with something interesting to put here?

That's the question of the day. Right there. The other one is: Why do I always leave my piano theory until the last minute on Wednesday before my lesson? WHY? I can NOT do that this week, I have two sheets and a complete practice test to do. Not to mention I just realized my theory exam is December 2nd, which is slightly more than two weeks from now. Great. I need to work on those terms.

Yesterday was a good day...I got up early enough to get all the stuff done I needed to do, and even though I forgot my library card Mom still managed to get the book I had on hold at the library, which was a big relief. It's called The Lioness and Her Knight, by Gerald Morris, part of "The Squire's Tales" series. Very good books, written in the King-Arthur sort of era but not at ALL old or middle english - they're quite funny. Gawain and Kai are my favorites. I think they may have spoiled the old- and middle-english versions for me, however. I bet I'll find them incredibly dry now. Apparently there's a REALLY new one, too, which I must read. I think it's called The Quest for the Fair Unknown.

Band went really well, which made up for last week when it didn't go as well. We did one song that I actually have piano in and I thought it went really well, and then three or four others that I have tambourine/orchestra bells/general percussion in. For one of our Christmas medleys, I do sleigh bells, which sounds really cool, except I have to make the switch back to orchestra bells pretty fast. Anyway, I definetely think I'm improving.

Piano was good...but piano is ALWAYS good. We chose a List D song out of my repertoire, which basically meant that we flicked through all the slow waltzy/jazz-sounding songs until I found a fast one I actually liked. There was really only one - the other fast one had to be played in combination with a slow one for an exam. My teacher did say she's going to dig up another one for me to do, because she knows I like fast ones and there weren't enough of them.

~Sil

No comments: