23 November 2006

It's REALLY snowing

Wow, it's almost like a blizzard. Though I guess that's a pretty tame blizzard compared to what we've been known to have. I don't really want to go anywhere today, which is a pity, because I'm babysitting from 2:40 to 7:00 and then I have A team quiz practice at 7:30. Pooh. I'll have to try and get a lot of my school done this morning.

Piano yesterday was okay. One of my rare mediocre lessons, but at least we didn't do ear training, that would not have improved it. I need to practice harder this week. Band, however, was super fun, and I got to bring home the orchestra bells! I asked Bill (our director) about a part in one song that I didn't think I could do if I didn't practice it, so he said I could take them home with me. Our Festival of Trees performance is in a week, and we only have one more practice before then.

And me and Mom went shopping last night (I love shopping) and I finally bought some things I've been needing for a while, including a black shirt for our band performances and winter boots. I STILL haven't foung dress shoes, though, and it's driving me insane. I found this amazing, perfect pair of ballet flats in the clearance section at Sears, only they were too small in size 7, so I went to get them bigger, and guess what - they came in sizes 7 and 9. No 7 1/2, no 8, no 8 1/2. I was so mad. I would totally have bought them if they had fit. Grr. We're going to try and go out again before the youth Christmas banquet to get shoes and a dress. Because we both would like to get me a dress. So that'll be fun, especially when I have money!

~Sil

No comments: