21 November 2006

Swimming

I know I haven't blogged in five days - apologies. I've been busy. So now for an insanely long post.

Trying to remember what happened on Friday...ah yes. Youth. We went swimming, which was fun, but only about fifteen people showed up compared to our regular group that's usually between 25-35 people. But we still had fun - I jumped off the diving board and got a bleeding nose, which was kinda embarassing, but it was okay. The guys thought it was pretty funny, but they're guys, and since we were swimming I could splash them. They splashed me back, of course. So that had me pretty tired for Saturday morning, which was quiz practice.

I don't think I've ever actually wanted quiz practice to end...but I did. My review was horrible, which was slightly mitigated by the fact that everyone else's was too, but it's still not fun to get more errors than correct questions. Especially when they're idiotic things like "Salvation is found where?" (in no one else) which is part of our theme verse for this year, and of course everybody remembers this besides me. Sigh.

Anyway, after that I went shopping with Juli (I don't think you read this...but hi anyway!) which made me feel slightly better, because Juli is very fun to shop with. Plus, the whole Pirates of the Caribbean display was 30% off at Claire's, so I got a notebook and a pin and a pen and a little keychain-thingy. I almost wish I'd gotten the little medallion replica, but when would I wear it? We also got pictures in those little picture-taking things, but neither of us knew where the camera was pointing so all four pictures had about half of each of us. It was fun, though.

Sunday morning quiz practice went WAY better, I felt good about it. Oh, we also discovered our teams for the quiz meet this Saturday - mine is Erin and Everett and I, which is funny, because that was my rookie team in my first-ever quiz meet, when we made it to the finals. So hopefully we can do that well again! There's a ton of review to be ton this week....ohhhh boy...anyway, I brought home a concordance, which is really helpful in making questions, and a box of pads. I don't know if I'll use them, but they're good to have.

And yesterday....*drum roll* we went swimming at West Ed!!! Dad's boss gave him the day off, and for some reason (unknown to me, though I'm sure there was one) gave him a giftcard for the Waterpark. So we spent about five hours there, and it was amazing, because hardly anyone came until about four o'clock, and there was almost no lineup for any of the slides. Very fun. And my sister went on the 'free fall' slide TWICE, which I found amazing, because I only had to go on that thing once to get completely terrified and swear to never do it again. I guess I'm not a daredevil type. I did, however, go on the blue toilet-bowl slide (it's properly called the Tropical Typhoon, but nobody knows what I'm talking about when I say that) and Dad came with me. It was fun.

So now I'm really tired, which isn't good cause I have quite a bit to get done today, including a few hours of quizzing. So I guess I should go now...

~Sil

No comments: