16 December 2007

A piece of wonderful

That phrase (coined by Erin :D) describes today quite accurately.

You know how generally in books, when people get out of bed and are really grumpy, their day just gets worse from there? Exact opposite. I took about half an hour to drag myself out of bed, due to an exhausting (but quite enjoyable) evening washing dishes for a wedding. We started at 6:30 and weren't done until 11, but it was pretty fun. Anyway, I got my butt out of bed, and to church, where quiz practice went well and I didn't have to act in skit thing (BIG relief) because one of the Three Kings we needed was sick. Candy after church, because that's what we do at Christmas, and candy makes me happy. Then I actually looked good in our family picture. And THEN everybody except me went out in the afternoon, so I got to stay home alone and play the Nutcracker very loudly, and play Third Age.

Until Jamie (PotR) came on MSN with my Christmas present. And let me tell you, it's the most amazing Christmas present in the history of presents.

So I think most of you reading this know what Star Crystal is, and who Merrin is. Well. Jamie writes music. And for Christmas she gave me four tracks of a Star Crystal soundtrack. That she wrote. That was an hour and a half ago and I'm still grinning ear to ear. Merrin has a theme, the opening sequence has music, Vryngard has a theme, and our first romantic scene (Renegade Banquet) has music. I'm so going to be whistling Star Crystal music all week. It pretty much made my entire month so far.

I'll have Christmas banquet pictures when I feel like posting them, and I'll do our family ones...but I'm gonna go listen to Merrin's theme again :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
^poster I made for Crystal

~Sil

"Some families are Amish - our family is hammish."

4 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

Wow. Major credit to Jamie, even though I've never met her. That's amazing, and what a great idea.

Inverted Frog said...

:D

It was really hard keeping quiet about that for so long. :P I think that PotR's marvellous for doing such a thing....if I had a scrap of music-composition talent in me...and a program that let me compose it, I would've maybe done something similar in a few dozen years, when the thought occurred to me. :)

PotR rocks.

And I envy you your great day. Mine was merely average. w00t for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Your day sounds like a piece of wonderful indeed. XD

Lovely Christmas present.

Anonymous said...

Aaawww :D Sounds like a great day! :D Oh! No I finally got to know where the "vryngard" song was written for! I heard it yestreday, but I had no idea it was for SC! That's so awesome! :D :D Woo!

Go Potr!!!! :D :D :D

And congrats and having a super day...:P