03 December 2007

It's December!

And that means Christmas carols and shopping and making very sure I wish people a Merry CHRISTmas and scowling at Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings cards and counting the days and getting sudden and very good ideas about presents and getting a laptop and holidays and last but definitely NOT least - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

Yeah, I'm excited. In case it was hard to tell. We went out to Camp Nakamun yesterday, which got me in a very Christmas-y mood, and sang carols and played games (Shadows Over Camelot!) and had yummmmmy turkey dinner. I have exactly nine more days of school before I start holidays. Which means 15 days until laptop!

Today was a bit up and down...I alternated between feeling unmotivated and feeling excited. I think I was kinda scatterbrained. Anyway, not much else to report. Excited Amy over here.

~Sil

Me: You can never have too many giggles!
Jessica: Well...you could at a funeral...

5 comments:

Inverted Frog said...

Lol, Melda. It sounds as though you're a lot more excited about Christmas than I am. <_< Though my sisters are coming back from the USA for it, so that's something that does make me really happy.

But the shopping?????? I could do without that.

:P

Anonymous said...

Hahah! IT'S SINTERKLAAS TODAY!! :D ....< all I really have to say about the Holiday Season. *eats loads and loads of Sinterklaas candies* *scares little cousins (no, not the newborn one :P) with stories about Zwarte Piet* MUAHAHA! :D I love it :)

Hmm, I can't really relate to the whole CHRISTmas thing, I guess, since I've 1) never really celebrated Christmas at all and 2) It's more of a social thing over here. Oh. And the only time in the entire year when more than 2 of my friends/acquaintances go to church (mainly because of the atmosphere and decorations. :P Big cathedral all decorated with green branches and candles= prettiness )

And, of course, the mistletoe's always memorable too. :P I punched the last guy who tried to kiss me under it, last year. Lol! *evil snicker* I didn't punch very hard though...just indicating that it Was Not A Good Idea. :D Nika broke someones nose two years ago, and I wasn't planning on repeating all the drama :P Lol. And I don't think I could punch that hard anyway, even if I tried. :P Yeah, I love the Holiday Season. :P
(Yeah, Holiday Season...because it actuallly contains several celebrations over here :P)

Melda said...

Oh, it has several celebrations over here, too. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, all that stuff. I just get really fed up with people who go around being all "Season's Greetings" and politically correct. I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas, not a wimpy Season's Greetings, and if you don't like it, you can go and whine to someone ELSE about how you're offended :D I'm not ashamed of my CHRISTmas :P I have no problem with it if you say "Actually, I celebrate ___." Great, Happy/Merry/Have a good THAT holiday, then. My default will be Christmas :P

Kyleian said...

Happy December!
I love December... Christmas... both the worldly and more importantly spiritual part of it... the desert outings, Christmas programs, singing Carols and not getting yelled at... Mustn't forget the annual watching of White Christmas...
Just no snow over here... it's more like,
"I'm dreaming of a sandy Christmas..." :P

Anonymous said...

Lol Melda :P :D It's cool to have a strong opinion on something. Much better than those people who're afraid to say what they think because they might offend someone *nodnod* :P

This whole CHRISTmas thing is new to me though. Actually, I never heard of it before.
I think it may be different here, since Sinterklaas, Sinte Maarten etc. are all very old, native traditions, and really a part of our culture. :P