11 December 2007

I really have nothing to say

I just felt bad about not posting for so long. Seriously, I have pretty much nothing to blog about. Let's pick some things...

Reading Three Men in a Boat this week, for literature, and REALLY enjoying it. Very funny book. Also got some library books, finished Song in the Silence by Elizabeth Kerner (interesting book about a young woman and dragons, gotta have dragons) and I'm now on Pawn of Prophecy, the first book of the Belgariad by David Eddings. I read that series a long time ago and am now rereading it.

New desktop! I've had my other one for so long. Old one <---clicky, new one <--clicky. Once I get my laptop I'll probably just set them to switch back and forth because I can't decide which I like better. One week, by the way. Yay.

And...that looks like it...I have youth Christmas banquet on Friday, meaning much dressing up (yay) and I shall have pictures to post, I hope.

~Sil

"I was very productive and went and did actual things in your absence."
"Glad to know I'm so distracting."

9 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

Someone else is reading Three Men In A Boat! Yay! lol. I have so much to discuss with you...have you read about Uncle Podger yet? Or the tin of pineapple?

Melda said...

Uncle Podger, yes. Tin of pineapple I have been told about a lot but haven't gotten to yet :D

Miliuel said...

Three Men in a Boat! yahoo! After this you need to read To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis. *nods*

Oi. How come we didn't get invited to the banquet? :P

Anonymous said...

lol ... I saw your backgrounds :D very nice. I feel flattered.

Melda said...

I assumed you knew it was happening :P

Hehe, PotR made the Phantom one, Valera. She said the song was inspiring *nods*

Inverted Frog said...

Ah, PotR made it. I was about to ask in complete amazement how you managed to do that in GIMP. :P Who are the pictures actually of?

Hmm. I haven't read the Belgariad before. You'll have to let me know how good they are, and whether or not they can possibly compare with WoT and Tolkien's books. :P


What's Three Men in a Boat about?

Anonymous said...

*hasn't heard of any of those books* *Wikipedia-s them* Oooh. :P Sounds nice :D

I'm reading Het gouden ei ("the golden egg) for Dutch at the moment. Spiffy stuff :D

...and trying to read Finnish. Dunno when I came up with the idea, but THAT language is frustrating @_@ *suddenly loves Latin* :P I've got a Finnish friend to help me though...but the only things I can say now are "Minä rakastan Sinua" (<- I love you :P) + "Lisää karhunpaistia!" (<- More bear steak! :P) and "Käyhän että tuon kannettavani saunaan?" (<-Is it OK if I bring my laptop in the sauna? :P :P)

Melda said...

It's possible with GIMP, but I'm not that good yet :P They're of some guy who played Robin Hood in a BBC production. Jonas Armstrong, I think. Very obscure actor, he only ever did the one thing that I can find.

It's about these three British men in the 19th century who decide they need some time off and go boating down the Thames. It doesn't sound particularly exciting but it's actually SO funny.

And yeah, I'll let you know :) still only on the first one.

Kyleian said...

Hope you had fun at your youth banquet!
This year ours isn't a banquet (supposedly a bunch of youth voted against it... even though the majority of my friends wish it was at least semi-formal again this year, rather than casual)... but we're dressing up anyways.