27 August 2007

One more week

Yup...a week from today will be my last day of summer holidays. I'm kind of clinging to these last days of doing nothing. I'm very good at doing nothing, really, I don't get bored at all. Not to mention the fact that I chewed through eleven Wheel of Time books this summer, all of which are about 800 pages. A lot of doing nothing was spent reading WoT.

And then there was Costa Rica, which was absolutely huge. It was a really incredible experience, and I think I'll remember it as the highlight of this summer for a long time. It was really neat to get to know people I hadn't before, and experience so much I'd never seen - and cool to see how it really is the same everywhere you go. I'm convinced that you could drop me into any church anywhere and I'd know instantly what it was. God loves you the same no matter where you live or what language you speak or how much money you make, and it really showed.

Not that sixteen really feels any different from fifteen, but I had a birthday this summer too. Sixteen would technically mean I can drive, except for the fact that I'm, er, not. Heh. So I think it was, by and large, a successful summer.

BTW, loving the comments, guys, and keep them coming (you set a record with that last post for most comments I've ever had)- but I'm firmly convinced that Drow pwn. That's just the way it is. Ha.

(EDIT: I updated my links. I now have Moose Boy's Blog and the Abyssal Void. But I won't keep the latter unless you're nice to me, Reindeer. I.e., unless you decide to stop correcting my typos. Ha.)

~Sil

"If tomorrow you see tennis balls falling out of the sky, yeah - that's me. Sorry."

4 comments:

Kyleian said...

I can't drive here until I'm 21. :(

So basically my 16th Birthday will mean a cell phone, maybe not, I'm not a huge fan of phones.

But I do drive in the desert, just the land cruiser off-road and that's okay with me for now.

The Nightingale

Melda said...

Yeah, I've never wanted a cell phone :P My mom really wants me to get my learner's so I probably will...sometime...

~Sil

Calminaiel said...

I got my learners today!

I'm kinda happy. =)

So, if I die on the road, tell your family I love them. =P

lol

Melda said...

Will do. Lol. Gah, everyone's beating me, I need to get it soon :P

~Sil