12 August 2007

Old habits die hard

Except this isn't an old habit, and it has therefore died. Yeah, I'm trying to get back into blogging. Not sure how well it's working so far, but I guess we'll see.

SO. Last weekend was my birthday (well, my actual birthday is Monday the 13th, but the festivities were last weekend.) We went to the Calgary Zoo, which was fun, and met a black bear who we dubbed Winnie-the-Poof. And stayed at a hotel and a bunch of fun stuff. I wanted to bring a hotel bed home with me, they were SO COMFORTABLE. Oh, and we went to Boston Pizza for supper (after hunting around northeast Calgary for half an hour trying to find a Red Robin) and they gave me free dessert because it was my birthday. I liked it.

So yeah, now I'm sixteen. My parents got me a cool expensive-looking watch, which I like a lot better than other watches I've had. It's an achievement, because I'm unbelievably finicky about my watches. Gramma and Grampa got me $100, which I will likely use to buy the At World's End piano book, and save the rest for a computer. Jamie snail-mailed me a present from Texas (I love you, Jamie!) but it's not here yet. Samantha made me an amazing really pretty blend with I think Photoshop, and Chris RECORDED HIMSELF SINGING ON HIS GUITAR! I was so hyped after he sent me that. He has the most awesome accent EVER.

This last week has been pretty uneventful. I'm looking forward to being at church on Sunday, it seems like I haven't been in AGES.

Oh, but we're watching all three LotR (extended, of course) again, and now Will gets to watch. I'm really impressed with how much he understands of it. So that's cool, especially since those movies are pretty much the best ones ever made. I also got the four Forgotten Realms books I bought off Amazon, and am learning all about Drow (dark elves) and Drizzt Do'Urden and the Underdark and cool stuff.

But I'm dying in Third Age. It's driving me crazy. I canNOT get past the stupid Oliphaunts on Pelennor Fields! They keep killing me no matter what I do! I need to look up a walkthrough or something because nothing I try is working. It's so annoying.

Generally happy over here, though.

~Sil

Me: *wails*
Stephen: Aiel wouldn't wail
Chris: She's a Drow. Drow wail.
Me: You guys are mean
Chris: Careful, you might drow-n in your own tears
Stephen: Oh my goldfish...that was sooooo lame...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeesh, you have no idea how hard I cracked up on your little postscript quote thing. Well actually no, I didn't crack up that hard. It was more a chuckle>>"neh, neh, neh." All right fine it didn't sound like that. More of a "heh, keh, neh."

...

Pity you didn't get a laptop, but hey watches are cool too. As soon as you get the AWE book, send me a recording of yourself pounding on the piano, and perhaps a video of your house shaking to go with it.

Melda said...

The recording will also likely contain my mother wearily requesting that I play something other than pirates. Hehe. I'm a very nice daughter, I really am, except for that little detail.

They were being very mean in the quote. I was sad. And potr wanted me to post in crossover but they were being so DISTRACTING! *glares* I did post, though, which I thought quite the achievement.

~Sil

Anonymous said...

Dude, I hear ya about church. I feel like such a heathen. I've only been there three times this summer - once was the missions send off service, once i skipped out on the service to decorate, and once I left early. how awful!