18 January 2007

Star Wars!

We get to play Star Wars in band! It's mostly the theme with a couple other melodies thrown in, and I have bells. Only the part is quite a bit harder than what I've been doing on bells, so I brought them home to practice it. I probably won't actually get to practice it until maybe Monday, because I want to get my school done as fast as possible today so I can do some serious cramming for the quiz retreat, which is tomorrow evening/all day saturday, out at Nakamun. I'll probably postpone a piano practice today or tomorrow, too, and do it on sunday, even though that tends to usually not be a good idea. Anyway, if I don't get some review done I'm gonna be hopeless, and as I don't particularly enjoy being hopeless, I need to review.

My piano recital is coming up...in about a week and a half, I believe, and people are going to be pretty sick of me by the time it's over! I have no less than FIVE pieces, and all of them are four pages long except one. I do get to play Davy Jones, though, which is an awesome song, so it's worth it. What else am I playing....oddly enough, two Sonatas in G, one by Haydn (boy, I could NOT remember how to spell that...thought it was Hadyn) and one by Beethoven; Puck; and Etude Allegro. I wish composers would come up with more creative names for their songs - there must be about a million Sonatas in G out there, and almost as many Etudes Allegro/Andante/Allegretto/Presto etc.

~Sil

P.S. Oh, and the reason for my lately infrequent posting is a good one this time: Blogger hates me lately, it won't load properly. So I'm not abandoning you or anything.

1 comment:

Calminaiel said...

I love Hadyn! Well, he likes his bassoons, therefore, I like him. His orchestra music's so pretty... =)