10 January 2007

Snow!

Major snow, we probably got another four or five inches last night. It makes all the dirty stuff piled up on the sides of the road look better.

I missed blogging yesterday because either a) Safari decided it didn't like the Blogger site, b) the Blogger site decided it didn't like Safari, or c) my computer and Safari were both plotting against Blogger. Or some combination thereof. Anyway, it's fine today, and checking my list here I think I said I would update on Christmas presents. So I'm a nerd (funny, how that seems to be a frequent refrain of mine lately. Robyn would agree) and I wrote them all down as they were opened.

From Mom and Dad (so Dad, pay attention so you know what you got me!) - the best one, in my opinion, came from them. A straightening iron. I love having straight hair. And The Slippery Slope, #10 in A Series of Unfortunate Events. We also got stereo headphones for the computer (AWESOME to listen to PotC and LotR music on) and Zoo Tycoon as family gifts.

From Uncle Brad and Auntie Char - A Sony PSP! My brother in particular really likes it, and I haven't bothered to try and get it away from him because I'm really bad at any and all of our three games. But as soon as Third Age is out for PSP I am buying and playing it! I personally also got a little change purse full of candy from them. I actually think I still have some left.

From Uncle Darcy and Auntie Pam - Giftcards and chocolate! I bought Eragon with my giftcard, and next time we go to Indigo I'm buying the Dead Man's Chest soundtrack. The chocolate was this AMAZING stuff, a mix of caramel and pecans and chocolate...it's making me hungry just thinking about it.

From Uncle Scott and Auntie Bonnie - Scarves, fuzzy ones! I love fuzzy scarves. Mine is blue. Also Jolly Ranchers, which I ate so fast my tongue turned an odd shade of blackish-brown.

From my grandparents - money, and their house over Christmas. I would have happily had no gift if it meant staying at Gramma and Grampa's over Christmas. I think it might conceivably be my favorite part of the whole year. Anyway, I bought fun shoes, by Airwalk, sort of like those rubber clog things everyone was so crazy about over the summer. Only more like ballet flats.

From my other grandma - (Get ready) Sorry, Chess, three puzzles and a puzzle roller, Cranium, Mexican Train, Blokus for two, Pictionary, Boggle, Narnia Extended (w00t!), and Dutch Blitz, which I got from Josh as well so now we can play big family games of it. Yay. We've already played Mexican Train multiple times.

I think that's it...oh, and a pair of Christmas earrings and a tiny picture frame from Francesca at youth. And a little snowman candle-jar from my quizzing prayer partner. I don't think I've missed anyone.

Also, I got my theory exam mark yesterday! Grade 2 Rudiments, and I got....*drum roll* NINETY-EIGHT! So, you know, I'm pretty happy with that.

I should go now, though, because I had a great idea for a story last night and I want to have some free time today to write the first part down.

~Sil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, writing down Christmas presents isn't nerdy, it's smart. Just ask my mom. :) I'm wishing I had, because I always feel like I'm forgetting something. And I don't think Blogger's problems had anything to do with Safari, because it wasn't working on Explorer either.

Wow, I didn't realize quite how many Christmas presents until now. You have a really generous family, that's great. :)

Send me that story as soon as you're finished, I want to hear what that great idea is.

Josh

Calminaiel said...

It's funny...I think I got exactly the same presents as you did from the relatives we share...funny how that works....=)