21 November 2007

Life in general

So...I have nothing to blog about again. There haven't been many huge oh-my-gosh-that-was-amazing bits of life lately...unless, of course, you count the quiz meet. Which was pretty fun, Southgate did well, and I kinda realized that I actually can make it to Great West this year. I don't know if I quite subconsciously believed it before. Anyway, I ranked 19th out of (I believe) 67 in division A, and assuming my score in the next one is about in in the top 12 or so (because it's only half of Alberta and therefore you need to place higher to retain your place provincewide) and top 25 in the one after that...I'm set for Great West. It's pretty exciting.

Other than that, life continues. I really want Christmas to come, mostly because I pretty much love Christmas...and the accompanying holiday from school/piano. No holiday from quizzing - at least, not much. I'm hardcore. This is about the time of year I go to church and mutter about how we're not singing enough Christmas carols. Go me.

Piano's also continued the way it mostly does...what's been happening (strangely) more and more this year is that I'll think I've had a mediocre, okay week and then I'll go into my lesson and she'll really like everything and be impressed and I'll be like "...okay? I guess I'm good with this." It happened a bit last year, but more now. I'm playing a couple of cool carols, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year in the style of Johann Strauss, and Sleigh Ride in the style of Haydn...so that's fun...

And I just finished an hour and a half solid of said piano and I'm zonked. So whatever I write from now on will make no sense whatsoever. Later :P

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe I got to do sound for jazz choir at the beginning of the week and they're practicing for their Christmas concert... a super jazzed-up verson of "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and "The Christmas Song." It put me in the mood for sure. :)

But I want more snow.