16 November 2008

Seven Random Things

I have been tagged by Kyleian.

(As a side note, my NaNoWriMo took precedence so you likely won't be hearing much more about the convention.)

Seven Random Things About Melda
1. I am unaffected by caffeine. I like coffee and chocolate, but no matter how much I drink/eat, my level of hyperness thereafter is completely psychological. I can also be extremely hyper and not have had coffee for ages.
2. I have a slurpee in the freezer and later today I will dig it out and eat it with a spoon.
3. I really want nice boots to go with my coat, but it seems as though the perfect ones are only to be found on other people, and not in stores.
4. At home, I sleep with a squishy heart-shaped red pillow. When away, I find a pillow and sleep with it like a teddy bear, because otherwise I feel slightly bereft.
5. I am addicted to crossword puzzles.
6. I hate airport security with all my heart, and if one of those guys ever tries to search me with his metal-detector thingy, I will be seriously miffed.
7. I really appreciate it when cashiers are chatty, cheerful people. If I am ever a cashier, that is my goal.

There. Now I tag...

Joy
Robyn
Valera (now you have to post, mwaha)
Lenya
Meg
Ellie (you have issues finishing things you start. Or even perpetuating them. POST, DARN YOU)
I can't think of a seventh one but I know the Fudge Muffin periodically hangs around here, so she is now obligated to tell me seven random things about herself next time I see her on MSN. Or she could put them in a comment, I suppose. Whichever.

NaNoWriMo count: 25,500. Right on track.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Gah, this is my second time to be tagged with this thing... now I have to do it. >.>
Hah! I have so many airport security stories its not even funny. I think I must be on an airport blacklist, cause nearly every time I go through (even if I don't set off the metal detector!!) they pull me to the side, poke me, ask me annoying questions, dump out my suitcase, make me take my hair down so they can run their fingers through it (I think my hair is suspiciously bulky-looking, so they figure I'm bound to have stashed a bomb in there somewhere) and other annoying things.

Anonymous said...

Muhahahahahahaha, Blooging is no longer safe!!! Lock your doors, eat your pies and hide your womenfolk, because Mephiston is here!!!!!!!!!

:P

Anonymous said...

ho boy... okay, okay. I will post at some point. Let's see if I can beat Ellie. :D

Anonymous said...

Caffeine doesn't affect me either... well, not as hyperness... it hurts my stomach.
And I have to sleep with my arms wrapped around something, too, just for comfort.
And I agree with the airport security thing... try traveling with a travel guitar, bagpipes, and an oboe...

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha okay. In response to your #1, I blamed my hyperness on my tea until I looked on the back of the package and saw "99% caffeine-free." ...oh.

7 Random Things About LDM
1. I am procrastinating.
2. The walls of my room are a conglomeration of dragons, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, PotC, and puppies. Yes, puppies.
3. I sing in the shower.
4. I also dance in the shower.
5. Once, I tripped in the shower.
6. I do not have a wooden sword. I have an obsidian greatsword with a ruby-studded crossguard, said to have once belonged to the Netherlord who rules the realm of the living dead. Does the Netherlord carry wooden swords? Surely not.
7. I'm still procrastinating.