23 December 2008

Looky up!

It is the season for a new header! A day late, as it happens; I meant to have one for the official first day of winter, but we'll pretend that's when it was. I'm exceedingly pleased with my color- and theme-matching skills. I harbor no illusions that I'm a brilliant graphic-maker, but it's kinda pretty.

In other news:

I love my job. It's fun, and the people are warm and welcoming, and I finally feel like I know what I'm doing when I walk in. I can't believe I get paid to do this. Books are amazing.

Christmas is coming too early. But - but - it can't be the 23rd already! I want to spend another week or so getting in the mood! I like all the decorations! I'm enjoying the anticipation (anticipation is the best part of any event) and I don't want to know what my presents are quite yet. Peace on earth and goodwill toward men sounds good to me all year round, actually.

Now there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of the Lord shone around them and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid! I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."

1 comment:

Juanita Stauffer said...

Very pretty header!

Glad to hear you got the job and you are enjoying it.

And I agree about Christmas coming too soon. You've hit the nail on the head about anticipation. I feel like we have been so busy we haven't had time to anticipate! But have a very merry Christmas regardless.

Mrs. Stauffer