12 December 2008

I have a job?

Verily, I have a job.

The kind that makes money and gives hours. That kind. It's sorta weird. And I'm basically thrilled.

The job description is as follows: Student Page at our neighborhood branch of the Public Library. 10 hours per week (20 during school holidays), $9.66 per hour. Student pages shelve books, shelf-read books, and clean up at closing time, as well as miscellaneous other tasks. I have applied four times in the last nine months, every time the job became available, and last Thursday was the first time they called for an interview. Interview was on Tuesday and went very well, and Wednesday afternoon they called to offer me the job.

Needless to say, I accepted :P

So I start Monday morning, with three hours of training. Wish me luck!

No comments: