30 September 2008

Emily Stauffer

This is not an eloquent blog post. This is not a post about politics, about trivial details of everyday life, about school or the future.

This is a post that I am writing honestly and from my heart, and it won't be long or wordy.

Emily Stauffer was killed by an unknown attacker on Saturday, September 27th, at about 4:45 in the afternoon, as she was walking in her hometown of Edson, Alberta.

I knew Emily. I didn't know her intimately, and I won't pretend to be one of her best friends. She was a bright, unique, enthusiastic fourteen-year-old, who loved God and who is now with Him in heaven, where she is happier than any of us can be on earth. Since Saturday, I and my family and our church have cried a lot. They aren't tears for Emily. They're tears because we'll miss her, and tears for her family, and tears for her church. Someday, we'll see her again.

Please pray. Pray for the Stauffer family, for the church that they pastor, and for the community that they live in. Pray that through this, God will be glorified.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28 (NIV)

2 comments:

Joy said...

Aw, I will definitely be praying for her family and your church... all those who knew her.

And I'm sure, knowing she was a Christian, God will bring good out of this evil, light out of the darkness, and glorify himself.

*hug*

Lenya said...

I second everything Joy said. I'll be praying for everyone who was affected.