11 September 2008

A Conglomeration

...is what today is. Yes, 'tis Thursday, and I am blogging.

First bit of the conglomeration: The election is coming right along. I've been out knocking on doors twice this week and am planning to do so again tonight. However, my observations of the news on said election have not been all positive. I find it pretty much unequivocally stupid that Elizabeth May has landed herself a spot in the leaders' debate. This is not about anti-feminism, or the rights of the environment - if the Green Party had SEATS, I would say let her in the debate, and happily. But guess what? They have no such thing. Oh, unless you count the pseudo-seat of Blair Wilson, a Vancouver MP elected as a Liberal in 2006, who was booted from his party and therefore approached the Greens to become one of theirs. That is no elected Member of Parliament.

Second bit of the conglomeration: I think this is what it feels like to be busy with school. I don't know how I like it. I really hope it doesn't get unmanageable once I've started into my English course in earnest, and begun piano again. Part of the busy-ness is because of the election, too, but if this is how busy I am with that, how will I ever manage a job?

Third and last bit of the conglomeration (I just like that word): I'm almost finished reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris, and I'm a bit surprised by how I do agree with most of his points. All the uncertainties about dating and courtship and what-have-you that I've bandied about this year actually have some very decent answers in there. I really wonder how different society would be if we approached dating with serious thought to marriage, not just a selfish desire for romantic satisfaction. But that's another discussion for another time, and I'm aware that opinion is a bit radical, so that'll be it for now.

Oh, and one more thing - if any of you have been reading Okay, NOW Panic (by boz4pm) on fanfiction.net, the latest chapter was a huge YES FINALLY TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH! I was grinning maniacally by the end. (They're worse than M/K.)


"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book." - Ronald Reagan

[snicker at Obama and his two memoirs]

No comments: