17 June 2008

Things I love

(and that have happened in the last few days)

- Staying up late talking about character philosophy
- Listening to thunderstorms
- Thinking of ideas and having time to write them
- Believing that dreams actually do come true (watching Enchanted helps. Hehe)
- Lying in bed just thinking
- Waking up and doing devotions and enjoying them
- Feeling like you know what, life's gonna be okay, I'll just roll with it
- Talking to five people simultaneously in different MSN conversations and genuinely enjoying all five
- Getting so wrapped up in a story that the characters seem like real people (and feeling for them like real people, too)
- Wondering if I am one of those people I looked up to so long ago
- Doing something I know I'll enjoy doing and not caring if people think I'm weird
- Feeling guilty, angsty, uberly hyper, mournful, and excited all at the same time (this has to do with the one three above this one, yes)
- Singing random songs to myself, in the shower and out
- Looking back and seeing that I've grown
- Enjoying little things like compliments and yummy food
- Being proud of a 40+ score on the Mary-Sue Litmus Test, cause I'm not changing a thing
- EPIC (read: angsty) crystallization
- Enjoying the quiet and not minding the loud
- Reading excellent fan fiction
- Liking cheesy little signature dragons and giving them names

and last but not least - trusting that ultimately I am not the one who plans my life, and the one who does is far better at it than me.

So I feel very poetic now. Often that happens before bed. All my poetry gets written at two in the morning. I often also like it after I've slept, which is remarkable, because there are times when I wake up and go "Melda, WHAT the HECK were you THINKING?" after writing something late at night. Yes, I do refer to myself in third person, and often as Melda as well. If people call you something long enough...I do not kid, if I was ever in a random public place and someone shouted "Melda!" I would turn around. Yep. I think I'll write another post later when my thoughts aren't so fragmented by wanting to sleep.

Melda

[several quotes]

"My member of parliament calls my dad. A loser."

"Will, can't I even walk around you without you trying to kill me?!"

"Oh, here's the coffee. It was in the syrup container."
"...I had that on my waffles this morning!"

"Does anyone know where my swimsuit is?"
"Oh, it's on top of the freezer."

"If you remember nothing else from school, remember what it feels like to get out for the summer."

1 comment:

Kyleian said...

Wonderful things to love...
and yeah, I don't do Mary Sue Litmus test things any more... one character I had was exactly the same as a friend of mine and it gave him a score of 56 and I was kinda confused...
plus I think sometimes we need somewhat Mary-Sue-ish people to look up to, y'know, people to be our role models. Having an imperfect role model is difficult.