19 May 2008

Here I am again

...posting because several people asked me what was up with the not-posting-ish-ness of late. Sorry, I can't use the excuse that life's been hectic, because it hasn't, since the Nakamun quiz meet. Things have actually been pretty uneventful.

A few recent pieces of news...

Well, Nakamun, like I said. Stats-wise, it was disappointing, especially since I'd been hoping for Internationals a little bit and didn't make it. It was a lot of fun, even if I didn't quiz that well. And what made it all better was that I won a $2000 scholarship to Ambrose University College in Calgary. That thrilled me right out of my socks. (I wasn't wearing any at the time, but that's beside the point.)

After Nakamun life slowed down a LOT, with no more quizzing to worry about. I wouldn't have minded continuing to study, but I do like not having as much on my plate. Oh, and pre-Nakamun, I had a very interesting little escapade with my laptop. Basically, it died. I was getting error messages telling me to restart constantly, and yes, I was pretty much completely freaked out. So my uncle was kinda helping me to troubleshoot over the weekend before Nakamun, but nothing worked, and we eventually decided that it wasn't going to. So that was really, really depressing. But since I have awesome parents, the Sunday we got back from Nakamun my little sister goes "AMY! Mom bought you a new laptop!"

...so things really did work out okay. I'm not sure quite how to thank my parents.

Otherwise, this past Friday we went to see Prince Caspian, and I loved it. Every minute of it. They did such a good job, and it was at least as good as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, if not better. And boy, if I crushed on celebrities...Ben Barnes...luckily, I do crush on fictional characters. Caspian was pretty amazing. All the Telmarines, Caspian included, had these COOL sorta Italian-ish accents, and the political intrigue with them added a lot more depth to the story, I thought. There was some tension between Peter and Caspian, which was a masterful addition. Edmund was also phenomenal in this one - he's now my favorite Pevensie. VERY good movie. Everybody go see it right now.

I think that's probably all that's worth reporting. Going to YC next weekend, which should be exhausting/fun, depending. I think YC stands for Youth Conference, which seems like a bit of a misnomer to me - basically, there are a lot of speakers and Christian bands and stuff, and a ridiculous number of youth hang around in the same building. I'm told it's a lot of fun.

I haven't been really making graphics lately, but when I've done some new ones I'll post them. I do have a couple avvies, here and here. I got a new set of icon brushes and I wanted to try them out, mostly :) I also plan to do more writing over the summer than I have been, so maybe stay tuned for random drabble and short stories, too.

...and I'm done.

Melda

"Note that half a deer is not considered part of the population." - Amy's Math Book

3 comments:

Kyleian said...

You're the first person I know who liked Prince Caspian... though I guess most of my friends are book-perfectionists like myself. ;)

Melda said...

Seriously?! I thought it was phenomenal! Amazing! Look up more synonyms!

Though I've never been a purist, even in the loosest sense of the word. I would almost consider the movie boring, if it didn't add SOME new things from what's in the book. Almost.

Anonymous said...

purtiness!!! (@avvys)
I want to see Caspian so bad - but I promised my sis I'd wait to see it with her.
I shall let you know when I update the LJ again :D