05 March 2008

Gold Key!

Okay, so you guys know how I sent in a story to the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards? Yes? Well, you'd better, because I blogged about it. WELL. I got an email this morning. And according to said email, I've gotten a regional award for my story (a Gold Key) and it's now a qualifier at a national level (throughout the US and Canada). FWEE!

So as a Gold Key recipient, I'm eligible to apply for a scholarship grant of $2,500 to attend a summer writing program. It comes with certain conditions, not all of which I'm sure I meet, but even if I can't go - that's pretty amazingly cool! And now my story gets to go to New York and get assessed on a national level and...wow. And I wondered if it wasn't worth sending in.

So that pretty much made my day before I got out of bed.

:D

~Sil

2 comments:

Juanita Stauffer said...

Well, congratulations!

That would be the story you were going to send to me ... hint, hint!

Way to go, Amy!

Stargazer said...

Congrats!!! :D You deserve it, really :) You're such a good writer :) I hope you'll win and get published soon! :D

PS. You could write a poetry book as well *hint hint* :P loooved that poem you wrote sometime ago :)