25 February 2008

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

So, I was doing Literature this morning, and an assignment that came along with the reading was to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test and read about your personality. I've always found this kind of thing fascinating, so I did, and the results were actually extremely accurate, I think. I'm ISFJ, which means Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging. From Wikipedia:
According to Myers-Briggs, ISFJs are interested in maintaining order and harmony in every aspect of their lives. They are steadfast and meticulous in handling their responsibilities. Although quiet, they are people-oriented and very observant. Not only do they remember details about others, but they observe and respect others’ feelings. Friends and family are likely to describe them as thoughtful and trustworthy.

That's pretty much me. I knew the Introverted part, but it was really interesting to read up about the other stuff.

I think basically the way it works is that their are eight characteristics that oppose each other: Extroverted-Introverted, Sensing-Intuition, Thinking-Feeling, and Judging-Perceiving. So combined, you can get up to sixteen different personalities. From what I've read, there are various types that are less common, and various types that are more common. ISFJ is a more common one. Also, famous people who were ISFJ include Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Louisa May Alcott, and Queen Elizabeth II. Dr Watson from Sherlock Holmes is an ISFJ, as well as David Copperfield. Yes, I had to add the fictional characters in, too :)

So anyway, I found that really interesting. The test is here. If you take it, comment and tell me what you are, cause I'm interested.

~Sil

6 comments:

Calminaiel said...

Hey, I'm an ISFJ too! My %s...

Introverted 22%
Sensing 1%
Feeling 62%
Judging 56%

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Not that I'm completely sure what all of that means, but...cool. =P

Melda said...

Hey, that's weird and coincidental :P My percentages were different - I believe I had 75% Introverted - but it's the same type. I'm a nerd and I find this kind of thing fascinating :P

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy! I am an ESFJ:
* slightly expressed extravert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality
Extraverted - 1 percent
Sensing - 12 percent
Feeling - 50
Judging - 44

Miliuel said...

I'm a INFP...
Introverted 22
Intuitive 25
Feeling 62
Perceiving 33

You are:
* slightly expressed introvert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

I rather think I'm more of an extrovert, but the rest is fairly correct...

Kyleian said...

INTJ.
56% Introverted
38% Intuitive
25% Thinking
67% Judging.

# moderately expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# distinctively expressed judging personality

I think, though, that a lot of the questions should have "depends on the situation," because sometimes I can be very introverted and sometimes I'm somewhat extroverted. *shrug*

Anonymous said...

Haha I just took this for CALM class! And then found your blog about it... I'm ENFJ.

Slightly extravert, moderatly intuitive, moderately feeling, slightly judging. I didn't do one that gave you percentages though, I just remember my results.