13 August 2009

Just In Case: The Texas Packing Method

Two whole copies of my flight itinerary, just in case some kind of paper-eating bird happens to snatch the first out of my hands.

Two hoodies, just in case of one of those freak snowstorms Texas always gets in August.

Five pairs of socks, just in case 37 C leaves my feet cold.

Two pairs of flip-flops, just in case the first ones break.

Two laptop batteries, just in case one goes on the fritz.

Two laptop cords, just in case the same.

Four books, just in case I develop super speed-reading mind powers.

Top and toothbrush in my purse, just in case they send my luggage to Tokyo.

...and a teddy bear, because I'm not THAT much of an adult. Just in case.

2 comments:

your internet stalker said...

Melda. Relax.

tango said...

Amy - Grandma here.
I think the Texas Packing Method is perfect. As perfect as any packing method is.
Grandpa and I are so excited about your Texas adventure. Who would have thought an Alberta girl would end up looking at Texas. I mean what do we know about Texas? You've got to write about this.